Half Ass Halloween
His Royal Highness King Bhumibol Adulyadej passed in mid October and Thailand has been in mourning. Lots of events were cancelled, music was turned down, and partying was limited. We have all been observing the mourning period and will continue to do so until January.
However, 2 weeks of quiet drinks and nightly Netflix really aggravates the expat need to socialize, so by Halloween we were all ready for a rager. Since Party City and a WalMart aisle full of wigs are a faraway fantasy, we set the theme to "Half Ass Halloween".
Slap on some ears and bring some beers.
Some party stats
- Lasted 12 hours
- 40+ guests
- 14 people on the balcony at one point
- 10+ trips to the recycling bin
- 3 sets of shoes left over
- 4 stragglers sleeping over the next morning
- The glass I stepped on is still in my foot 4 weeks later