Jessica's 2nd leg: Copenhagen
I heart Scandinavia so much (well, Sweden) so I wanted to see if Denmark was as awesome. We flew into Copenhagen on a quick hop from London and stayed in the central part of the old city. Of course the hotel was chic and minimal and had beautiful multilingual staff. Check out Ibsen's Hotel
Unfortunately, we were both at the peak of horrible colds (me especially), so used a LOT of panadol to get through our sightseeing. We took a boat tour to get the lay of the land, walked through the shopping streets and ate street hotdogs.
For dinner, we went local, and had a massive platter of fish and meat, served with cheese bread and pickled herrings.
Observations about Copenhagen
- It's cold
- Bicycles are everywhere, lots of them, and they are outfitted for cargo, children, whatever you need
- I'm sure there are lots of normal-looking people in Denmark but I only noticed the hot ones
- Most of the hot ones were young families, the Dad inevitably pushing the stroller while the Mom looked relaxed and fabulous
- Danish is weird and I can't do any of it
- The meatpacking district is more like an industrial strip mall but it's awesome! There's a brewery called War Pigs for God's sake